The Social Locker locks your most valuable site content behind a set of social buttons until the visitor likes, shares, +1s or tweets your page. This way you can lock any kind of content:
- A download link (for instance, a free graphic, an audio file, video resources, or a printable pdf of your article).
- The end of your article (for instance, you might show the beginning of the article to gain interest, but hide the ending).
- A promo code (for instance, a 10% off discount, if the visitor opt-ins).
- Any media resources embedded into the content (videos, audios, images)
Below we locked some text in order that you could test the plugin:
4 Strong Reasons To Use Social Locker
While it is possible to get likes and shares through conventional methods, it is difficult because:
- Users are not motivated to like or share your content. 90% of technical and commercial websites currently don’t receive traffic from social networks!
- While social buttons are present on most websites, they are in visitor’s “blind spot”, much like ads are. People ignore them reflexively.
- Even when people like your content, they may forget to “like” or “share” your content. They may not be aware that it matters to you.
- If your content is valuable for your audience, why not ask them to support you directly? It’s not hard to “like” your content, right?